MH star endorse and comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). If you wish to access the data we hold on you then please write to us along with your name, address, order details and contact information and we will be happy to process your request within 48 hours of receiving the request. MH star do not sell your information to 3rd parties.
About this policy
This policy describes how we use your personal data when you use, or purchase goods via, our website (https://www.mhstar.co.uk/). We have provided this policy to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which are also explained.
You can read, print and save this whole policy or click on the links below to see specific information about:
- Who we are and how you can contact us [Insert link]
- What personal data we collect about you [Insert link]
- What we use your personal data for [Insert link]
- Cookies [Insert link]
- When we need your consent to use your personal data [Insert link]
- Personal data you are legally obliged to provide [Insert link]
- Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it [Insert link]
- Automated decision making and profiling [Insert link]
- When we will share your personal data with others [Insert link]
- How we keep your personal data safe [Insert link]
- How we use your personal data for marketing [Insert link]
- When we will send your personal data to other countries [Insert link]
- How long we keep your personal data [Insert link]
- How you can make a complaint [Insert link]
- How we keep this policy up to date [Insert link]
Who we are and how you can contact us
MH Star UK Limited is a UK registered company with company number 07361121. Our registered address is 27 Perivale Business Park, Horsenden Lane South, Perivale, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 7RH.
You can contact us in writing at the address given above, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak to us please call us on 0800 240 4004.
Please refer to the sections on Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it and How to make a complaint for further contact information.
What personal data we collect about you
Personal data that you provide to us. There are several ways in which you may share your personal data with us, for example, you might complete the contact form on our website, or contact us by email, telephone on in person with an enquiry, post on social media sites we run, or make a purchase via our website. The personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial and credit card information, the username you register when you create an account, and any other details you choose to provide as part of your enquiry.
Personal data that we receive from third parties. If we work with other businesses or use sub-contractors these parties may collect personal data about you which they will share with us. For example, if you purchase our goods via a third party platform (such as Wayfair or Wowcher) they will pass us your name, telephone number, email address and details of your order. A full list of the third party platforms whom we currently work with can be found here [Insert link].
Personal data about your use of our website. This is technical information and includes details such as your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as details of how you navigated to our website and where you went when you left, what pages or products you viewed or searched for, page response times download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
What we use your personal data for
We use your personal data in the following ways:
Personal data that you provide to us is used to:
- Process and respond to any enquiries you make
- Process your order
- Provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- Provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences (see How we use your personal data for marketing)
- Manage and administer our business
- Review and improve our goods and service
Personal data that we receive from third parties is combined with the personal data that you provide to us and used for the purposes described above.
Personal data about your use of our website is used to:
- Administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
When we need your consent to use your personal data
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
- We are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you
- We need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of our business and the improvement of our services) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights
- In exceptional circumstances we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
- Please refer to the section on How we use your personal data for marketing to read about marketing consents.
Personal data you are legally obliged to provide
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to provide our goods to you.
Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it
You have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you - this is called the right of subject access. You can exercise this right by sending us a written request at any time. Please mark your letter “Subject Access Request” and send it to us by post or email using the details in the Who we are and how you can contact us section.
You also have rights to:
- Prevent your personal data being used for marketing purposes (see How we use your personal data for marketing for further details)
- Have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased
- Object to decisions being made about you by automated means or to your personal data being used for profiling purposes
- Object to our using your personal data in ways that are likely to cause you damage or distress
- Restrict our use of your personal data
- Require that we delete your personal data
- Require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of any personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file
- You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.uk
Automated decision making and profiling
We do not make use of automated decision making or profiling.
When we will share your personal data with others
We share your data with the following people in the day to day running our business:
- Our parent company, Aosom E – Commerce Inc.
- Any business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with goods or services that you have requested from us. For example, if you order goods from our website (or from one of the third parties we work with (see the section on 'Personal data that we receive from third parties’), we will provide your name, address, and details of what you have ordered to a courier, so that they can deliver these goods to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks (see How we use your personal data for marketing for more information)
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may also share your personal information with third parties on a one-off basis, for example, if:
- We sell or buy any business or assets (including our own), in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
How we keep your personal data safe
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. The security measures we take include:
- Only storing your personal data on our secure servers
- Ensuring that all payments for goods purchased via the website are processed through a secure online platform
- Ensuring that our staff receive data security awareness training on induction and at regular intervals thereafter
- Tracking who has accessed documents in our computer system.
- Keeping paper records to a minimum and ensuring that those we do have are stored in locked filing cabinets on our office premises
- Maintaining up to date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems
- Enforcing a strict policy on the use of mobile devices and out of office working
Please remember that you are responsible for keeping your passwords secure. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not to share your passwords with anyone.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features (some of which are described above) to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data for marketing
We will add your details to our marketing database if:
- You make an enquiry about our goods or services
- You buy our goods or services
- You have told a third party that you would like them to pass us your contact details so that we can send you updates about our goods and services
- You have registered an account on our website and have indicated during the sign up process that you are happy to receive marketing communications
We may send you marketing communications by email, telephone and post.
You can ask us to only send you marketing communications by particular methods (for example, you may be happy to receive emails from us but not telephone calls), about specific subjects (for example, offers and promotion updates) or you may ask us not to send you any marketing communications at all.
We may ask you to indicate your marketing preferences when you first register an account on our website. You can check and update your current marketing preferences at any time by logging into your account on our website or calling or emailing us using the details set out in the Who we are and how you can contact us section above.
We never share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
When we will send your personal data to other countries
Your personal data may be transferred to Aosom E-commerce Inc. which is based in China. We have entered into model contractual clauses with Aosom E-commerce Inc. to ensure that your personal data is processed only in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Company name: Aosom E-commerce Inc.
Reason for transfer : When providing IT support, Aosom are able to access our systems, including personal data held on it.
Safeguard: We have entered into Standard Contractual Clauses.
Company name: Google LLC
Reason for transfer: Targeted adverts
Safeguard: Registered with EU – US Privacy Shield
Company name: Facebook Inc
Reason for transfer: Targeted adverts
Safeguard: Registered with EU – US Privacy Shield
Company name: Benchmark Internet Group
Reason for transfer: Email marketing
Safeguard: Registered with EU – US Privacy Shield
How long we keep your personal data
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we actually need it. In practice this means that we will keep:
- Your name and contact details for 10 years.
- A record of the goods we provide to you for 10 years.
- Complaint records for 10 years.
Please note that we may anonymise your personal data or use it for statistical purposes. We keep anonymised and statistical data indefinitely but we take care to ensure that such data can no longer identify or be connected to any individual.
How you can make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your personal data please contact us to discuss this using the contact details set out in the Who we are and how you can contact us section above.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we keep this policy up to date
We will review and update this policy from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the goods or services we offer or to our internal procedures or it may be to reflect a change in the law.
The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (www.mhstar.co.uk) or you can contact us (see Who we are and how to contact us) to ask us to send you the latest version of our policy.
Each time we update our policy we will update the policy version number shown at the end of the policy and the date on which that version of the policy came into force.
This is policy version 1.0 which came into effect on 25 May 2018.